Monday, January 12, 2015

Winter is coming or is it my masterpiece...

So  my big question is all about why are segregating ourselves based on race, gender, sexual orientation, etc.. I'm an observer and that's how I came about my topic. I see a lot of division in communities across the world. It's horrifying to know that two people who love each other can't get married because of their sexual orientation. It's horrifying to see that racism still exists, while most are too blind to see it. The Ferguson case and the Garner incident are one of many incidents that prove this. I guess I just don't understand it. And by it I mean this segregation. We're all living here on this wonderful Earth whether we like it or not. So why are so caught up on hating each other for being different when it's the thing that makes us unique. Would anybody be happy in a world where we fall in line to hail Big Brother and live a life of conformity. Learning about this topic will help us learn to accept each other and to embrace our differences instead of pushing each other apart. This can get people to speak up against injustice and stand by each other in times of need.
This topic is going to require cross-cultural interactions, music, literature, social media, and an open mind. How I plan to start learning about the subject is by researching everything I can about these recent cultural injustices. I also want to look at other movements such as feminism and marriage equality. I want to look at both sides of these things. By looking at both sides we can take everyone's viewpoint into consideration and not just say "My opinion is right." To do my masterpiece, I will need Laura Ritchie and her class to collaborate with us on music for a video and possibly have phonar help us with pictures and interpretation of our idea through photography. I will continue to post on my blog for my masterpiece. I might create another tab once I figure out how to do that. I plan on making a video and posting it on every platform possible to try and spread what we created.

No comments:

Post a Comment