Thursday, April 23, 2015

Distracted Driving

Today I drove my grandma around and thought it was going to be a normal ride, nothing to mention in a blog post. Lately I've been noticing how many people text and drive on the road and it's absolutely ridiculous. To make it even better, April is supposed to be the month that brings awareness to distracted driving. And I believe St. Joe's did the mock accident today as well. Anyways today I was at a light turning left. The light had changed and there was a car in front of me that hadn't moved for a good five seconds. I wasn't in a hurry but I wanted to catch the light so I honked and they turned in a big huff. As I followed behind them I could tell there were kids in the back and the driver was swaying on the road nearly driving on the sidewalk clearly indicating they were either drunk, texting, or not paying attention. Whatever they were doing, they were clearly distracted. I can't even begin to express how much this pissed me off I was especially after everything that has happened with car accidents in Santa Maria. The driver took the risk to put themselves, the passengers, and all the other drivers on the road in danger. I personally don't text and drive but I get the temptation to look at your phone. With everything being instant, its hard to not want to look at a text right away. The point of this post was not for me to rant, it was just a plea to stay mindful and aware when you drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment