Thursday, March 19, 2015

The masterpiece experience is making me feel like...

A couple weeks ago I changed my masterpiece to being more about conversations. If you've ever read Tuesdays with Morrie, you'd understand. Or if you've ever had one of those rare conversations with someone where you've connected with them... That's what it's about. Basically I want people to connect on an emotional level and get past the first couple pages of a person. So, today I brought up this conversation idea partly to get people to start talking about their masterpiece and what they're passionate about but also partly to have one of those rare conversations with someone. Honestly, I'm a little disheartened by the experience. I think the conversation starters might work for the masterpieces, but as for a personal conversation I don't think it's going to go anywhere. With the exception of Erica and myself, I think about three people were interested. Which is fine, I get not everyone wants to get personal with other people  but the conversation could merely be what you're passionate about. I think this says a lot about the Class of 2015. We've gone through probably one of the best and worst year of our lives and we are more disunited than ever. The AP kids strictly hang out with AP kids and then there are sub-hierarchies within our group. Honestly I wonder how much of each other we really know. Anyways, I feel that the way to unite us is to learn about each other and maybe that won't be done through conversations but through other means. What I want to do is showcase the awesome amazing people of our class. Show them to the world so they can reach far. I want to show them off through their passions and accomplishments and differences. So that we can become more than the Class of 2015 and become the Class of Awe- Inspiring People. I have a few people in mind who might be able to help me jump start this and those people happen to be the ones that we're interested in the conversations. Also, if anyone is interested in still doing the more personal conversations, I'm definitely up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment